- Waterproof construction
- Numentum technology
- TPU stability heel clip
- Gusseted tongue
- Rubber toe protector
- Dual-density EVA
- Non-marking Vibram outsole
- Self-cleaning lugs
- A vibrant color scheme sets this hiker apart, while still offering Ahnu's signature performance features.
A vibrant color scheme sets this hiker apart, while still offering Ahnu’s signature performance features.
Introducing Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Hiking Boot
Hiking is a great way to get the best exercise in the land, but it is also a challenge because it is nearly impossible to select the right pair of boots. First you have to select the brand and once you have found the brand it comes to the style of the boot. All of this should be easy to do, but I literally have spent hours digging through the different boots that are available on Amazon and noticed their are hundreds if not thousands of boots to select from. So this makes it nearly impossible to decide which of the boots is the best one on the market. With that being said, I have decided to start reviewing the different boots and this is the Ahnu women’s Sugarpine hiking boot review. With this information, you can have a chance to make an educated choice on the boot you are buying and know if it will work for your needs or if you need to consider a different boot.
Features Of The Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Hiking Boot
- Has a rubber sole which is going to help keep your feet dry, but it is also going to help at keeping your grip on some of the slick surfaces you may end up walking on.
- Waterproof construction is something else which is seen as a positive here, because it will help keep your feet dry even when the water goes over your toes.
- Comes with a heel stability clip that helps to keep your feet balanced, even if you are starting to slip.
- Self cleaning lugs in the boots is something else which people are really going to enjoy because this means you do not have to stop hiking to clean the lugs out of your boot.
Pros Of The Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Hiking Boot
When you are looking at the boots on the market, you need to make sure you know the pros of the boots. This is exactly what this section is going to explore. When you know these pros, it will be easy for you to know if the boots are going to fulfill your needs or if you still need to continue to shop around for new boots.
- In most of the reviews that people have left, they have talked about how these boots have not left them with the pain in their toes and bottom of their foot like they usually get with some of the other boots on the marketplace.
- Breath-ability of the boots is something else which you will really like to see as well. Since these boots are going to be breathing, you do not have to be concerned about your boots making your feet sweat or even worse have to be concerned about the boots making your feet smell like swamp gas or have to worry about the moisture staying on your feet for a long time.
- Lightweight is a great feature of a hiking boot as it is going to help you hike the trails for a long period of time, but not have the tiredness in your legs. So this is going to make trail hiking even more enjoyable for you.
- Waterproof construction is something else which you will enjoy when you are walking on the trails in these boots. This means you will not have soaking wet feet, but you need to remember if you get into water that is deeper than what water proof protection provides you will end up getting wet.
- Color options of the boots is something else which you will enjoy seeing here. With this selection being available it is going to be easier for you to find the right color that you want to have, but also help to keep you visible on the trail if you should fall or have other issues.
- Waterproof hiking boot with lace up vamp.
- Vibrant colors help to make the boot stand out.
- Light weight makes these boot easy to wear.
- Material feels like plastic.
- Do not have a pronounced sole in the boot.
Cons Of The Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine Hiking Boot
Unfortunately it is not always glowing positives for all the boots and other items on the market. If it was, it would be nice, but would make the buying decision so much harder! With that being said, you will be able to use the cons to help you make up your mind on the boots that you decide to wear when you go on your hikes.
- Narrow boots are an issue and can easily cause quite a bit of foot pain. However, a common complaint that has been reported with these boots is the cut of the width is a little bit more narrow than what people are expecting.
- Lack of padding around the ankle is something that people need to be concerned about. When you are hiking for any length of time you know your ankles can start to get sore. However, when you use these boots you are going to miss quite a bit of the hiking comfort because the ankle region does not have the padding you need.
With these boots, you will find that they are a tab bit on the expensive side. However, when I was researching information on these boots it was easy to find a lot of different prices. This is when I decided to look at some of the specific shoe websites on the Internet and some of the other sites. Through all of this research, I found that Amazon still has the lowest prices on the market for the Ahnu Women’s Sugarpine hiking boot.
Our Final Thoughts
While we are going to talk about hiking boots all the time, you will find that we are going to recommend some boots and not recommend other boots. This is when you should realize these do not have the ankle padding and if you are hiking for any amount of time, like I do, you will want to make sure you have the padding on the ankles. So make sure you take that into account when you are looking at these boots, but if this does not bother you or if you plan on using longer socks these may be the best boots for you.