- TrueFix technology with a 14 parallel channel, WAAS/EGNOS-enabled GPS receiver
- Stores up to 500 waypoints, 20 routes, and five track logs
- Convenient, easy one-button control makes operation a breeze
- 2.3-inch, grayscale LCD and rubber-armored, impact-resistant, waterproof shell
- Measures 2.1 x 4.6 x 1.3 inches (WxHxD)
GPS ExPLORIST 200 YELLOW TRUEFIX
Introducing The Magellan eXplorist 200 Water Resistant Hiking GPS
Exploration often starts by going out and just picking a direction and blazing your own trail. However, what you need to realize is sometimes getting their own direction can lead to them getting lost, this is especially true if you are heading out into the woods. This is when you should know about the Magellan eXplorist Hiking GPS and how it is going to make it easier for you to protect yourself from getting lost while you are out in the woods. Without this, you could have problems in getting to enjoy the hike in the woods because you are lost and not even sure where you are going to be going to.
Features Of The Magellan eXplorist
- Storage of the different way points is going to be one of the main things that people will enjoy with this GPS system. With so many different way points being stored it is going to be easy for people to backtrack to where they have been, but also makes it easier for people to get the location they need to be at.
- Rubber armored, impact-resistant, waterproof shield is going to be something else that you need to use. When you have these shields, it is going to be easy for you to know the shield will protect the GPS from being dropped, but also going to help keep any water from getting into the GPS unit itself.
- With this GPS system, it is going to allow for some of the one button use. This means people will not have to be worried about trying to figure out how many buttons they have to push before they can figure out where they are located at.
- Compact size of the GPS unit is going to make it easier for people to take with them when they are hiking. Normally people do not think about this, but when they are camping or hiking they normally do not want to carry a large GPS unit with them, so the compact size makes it easier for people to get the right direction, without having to be concerned about how they can carry the GPS unit.
Pros Of The eXplorist
With most of the products that people are going to find they will want to know about what makes this product stand out from the rest of the products on the market. This is very true when you have to look for a different GPS unit to take hiking with you compared to the rest of the models on the market. Since that is the case you should make sure you know about these pros to make the right selection.
- Sometimes the hiking is not going to take place and you may just want to go on a bike or motorcycle ride instead. When you decide to do this, you may not want to get lost, especially if you have decided to take a long bike trail that you are not familiar with. Since this is the case, you need to realize you will want to have this GPS with you and it is going to be easy for you to mount to your bike.
- Ease for anyone of any age to learn how to use. While the learning for the younger kids may take a little bit longer than what you expect, it is going to be easy for them to use and can even allow the kids to lead the hikes and make them even more interesting.
- Light weight is going to be another factor that you will enjoy. When you are hiking you may not want to carry in a lot of heavy weight in the woods. So any type of weight that you are going to carry in needs to be carried out as well, so this light weight is going to be easy for you to carry in.
- The unit, since it has so many different geocaching available, it is going to be easy for you to mark where you have seen wild animals. This way you can start to see some of the different wildlife and even make sure it is marked to guarantee you can get the right location again.
Cons With The eXplorist 200
As with any product that you purchase, you will find their are some drawbacks with the machine as well. Since this is the case, you should make sure you know about the drawbacks included with this machine. That way you can avoid making any mistakes in your purchase, but with that being said we had to do some digging to come up with the cons with this unit.
- Lanyard strings are going to be one of the main things that you will want to have on the GPS system. With that being said, their is a mounting for the lanyard because it is going to be needed to wrap this around your neck.
- Lack of interface connection possibilities for the PC is going to be something else that you want to have. So you will want to make sure you look at this because it will make it difficult for you to transfer the data you have saved to your computer, but it can also make it impossible for you to hook up a charger from your car or other device if you do not have this interface.
Finding the different price options is going to be something that you want to do. However, I have done quite a bit of research through about ten different websites and have found that Amazon, of all the different websites tends to have the best deals. This means you will want to search the results on Amazon, to guarantee that you are getting the best deal on the market.
Our Final Take
Now you may find that we are going to recommend this product, but I will be brutally honest and the information that we found about the lack of the PC connection will give us doubts. However, if you are looking for what many people consider a great entry level GPS unit this can be a great option. You just have to remember that without this connection availability you could have issues in getting your files uploaded. So as we mentioned our final take is if you are looking for what is a starter GPS you will find a great one here. Just make sure it is going to suit your needs to make sure it is going to make sure it is easy for you to use.