Lucky Bums Compact Lightweight Muir Youth Sleeping Bag
Trying to find a great youth sleeping bag is going to be a challenge at times because you will quickly notice it is very difficult to find a good quality sleeping bag. This is when you should know more about the different bags that are on the market to make it easier for you to find the right one for your kids. I know that we have looked at a lot of sleeping bags lately and we will continue this trend to make sure you are able to get the right piece of equipment to go camping with and know you are going to have a great trip. With that being the case, we have decided it was time for us to go in and review the Lucky Bums Compact Lightweight Muir Youth Sleeping Bag. In this review you will learn what we liked, the features of the bag, and what we did not like. Then you will get our expert opinion on if this is a pass or a buy.
Features Of The Lucky Bums Compact Lightweight Muir Youth Sleeping Bag
- This is a sleeping bag that is very compact when it is all rolled up as it will only be a little bit over a foot wide and will be under a half foot wide. So this will definitely make it easier for you to have a great sleeping bag that your kids can use and bring with them while camping. The weight of this sleeping bag is rather light as well as it is only 2.2 pounds.
- When this sleeping bag is completely unrolled you will notice it is going to be a little bit on the smaller side if you are an adult. However, this sleeping bag is a youth bag and that is what will make the difference here. The sleeping bag is going to measure at the 64-inch mark, but it will come in at the width of 27 inches. Still, the weight, even if it is unrolled is not going to change, but may seem lighter because of the way the sleeping bag is changed in the amount of surface area.
- This is a sleeping bag that is going to have a polyester shell. This shell is going to make the sleeping bag a little bit easier to clean, which you know with a youth sleeping bag is going to be one of those items that are simply going to make the difference between a good looking sleeping bag or one that looks like it has been through a war.
- The fill for the sleeping bag is the hollow fiber fill. This will make the insulation very warm in the sleeping bag. However, what is great about the sleeping bag is the fact that it uses the synthetic fibers for the fill which is going to make this sleeping bag a little bit more water resistant than what you were expecting beforehand.
- The sleeping bag will have a half mummy style hood that will make it easier for you to know that you can stay warmer, but also to make it easier for the kids it will have a front half zipper and a full-length side zipper. To help conserve heat you will notice it is going to have a draft collar to help you keep the heat from escaping the sleeping bag as well.
- Now, with all of these features, you would think the sleeping bag would have a very low cold rating. However, this sleeping bag is only rated to 40 degrees which is going to make it easier for you to have a great sleeping bag that you can sleep in, but if you are planning an early spring or late fall trip you may not want to use this bag.
What I Like About This Youth Sleeping Bag
I have to say this is one sleeping bag that I really like because it comes in multiple colors. This is going to be something that you do not find with all the sleeping bags on the market. So this will be a great feature and can make it easier for you to get the bright pink sleeping bag if you want to get a bag for your girls, but also get a blue bag if you want to for your boys. Then you will also notice the sleeping bag has several other color options as well.
The draft collar is definitely something else that you are going to like as well. When you look at the collar here it will be easier for you to rest easier knowing your kids are going to be warm, but also know they will not have the drafts in the sleeping bag that you may have had when you were a kid before. So this will definitely make it easier for you to have a sleeping bag that is very comfortable for your kids and warm as well.
The half mummy style is something else that is very nice for the kids to have when they are sleeping. That is because this sleeping bag is going to have this type of hood and will help you in keeping your kids warm and know that they are not going to get cold. So this is definitely something that will be nice for you to consider and know you are going to stay warmer than what you would in a traditional youth sleeping bag.
What I Did Not Like With The Youth Sleeping Bag
I have to admit, that I like the concept of the mummy style sleeping bag for the kids, but I have to say that if your kids are tall at all, or even a young teen then you may find they may not really be able to fit into this sleeping bag. So this is definitely one negative with this sleeping bag and that is the fact that it is going to run a little bit on the small side. Think about it 60 inches is 5 foot and this bag is only 64 inches.
My Final Thoughts On The Lucky Bums Compact Lightweight Muir Youth Sleeping Bag
I have to say this is an interesting sleeping bag and it is one that you can enjoy using. The best pat is this is a sleeping bag that is meant for youth. The downside is it will not fit most teens as they could be a little bit too tall for the bag. However, if you are getting this for kids that are younger and want them to be warm it could be a great option. Overall, this is a good sleeping bag for your camping equipment if you are buying it for the right age range.