The Crescent Lake series sleeping bags are made with Techloft+ insulation. Techloft+ Insulation consists of multi-hole staple-length micro-denier fibers that have a siliconized finish for maximum insulation, loft and compactness. The Crescent Lake uses a 2-layer offset construction, sometimes called a bag within a bag. The contoured hood and mummy shape helps seal up your warmth and keep you warmer. The Crescent Lake is a great backpacking sleeping bag to take along on your hikes that won’t take up all the space in your pack.
Introducing The ALPS Mountaineering Crescent
Now, we have talked about the insulated sleeping bags quite a bit and we are planning on continuing the series here, but the key factor to consider is the amount of insulation and the temperature rating. With all of these factors being considered it will be easier for you to find the right sleeping bag to use in the middle of winter when you decide to go camping. I know for us we have decided to look at the ALPS mountaineering crescent sleeping bag to review now. We hope that when you are reading this review you will realize that Amazon does have a variety of insulated sleeping bags, but you also need to know this is a review that is centered on the ALPS Mountaineering Crescent Lake Sleeping bag.
Features Of The ALPS Sleeping Bag
- Has a two layer offset construction that is going to help you in getting to keep the cold out, but also allows for the insulation material to be used and help keep your heat inside.
- A zipper baffle is one of the most important things for you to look for if you do not want to lose heat out of the zipper. However, a lot of the sleeping bags you can be getting may not have the baffle and this often means you will end up losing a lot of your heat. With the Mountaineering Crescent sleeping bag, it does have the baffle to help keep your heat in.
- Contoured mummy shape is meant to help you keep even more of the heat inside. For example, a lot of heat is going to escape out of your head, but with this sleeping bag it is contoured to fit your head and this is going to help keep your body warm, even in the coldest of temperatures.
Pros Of The ALPS
- Size of this sleeping bag is going to be rather large and will make it easier for people who are larger to fit into the sleeping bag and this is going to allow everyone to enjoy their camping trip.
- Warmth is something else that you are going to really enjoy with this sleeping bag. A lot of people have commented on this sleeping bag and just how warm it is when they are out in the cooler climate weather.
- Zipping most of the sleeping bags up is going to be a challenge. However, with this sleeping bag a lot of the people who have bought this commented on how great it is for them to be able to zip up the sleeping bag from the inside.
Cons Of The Crescent
- Weight is a major issue when you are considering any sleeping bags and with this sleeping bag it can be considered rather heavy. So you will have to take this into consideration if you are planning on hiking with this sleeping bag.
- Size of the sleeping bag is going to be hard to comprehend as you will need to get specialized compression sack to get it small enough to get into your backpack.
We have looked high and low at this sleeping bag and at some of the competitors websites and even at the website that offers different insulated sleeping bags. We have to say, compared to a lot of the other sleeping bags and with these bags we found this one is generally quite a bit lower in price, but not in quality. So you will want to consider this as one of the main factors that you will enjoy with the ALPS Mountaineering Crescent Lake sleeping bag.
Our Final Take
Our final take is going to be one that will make it easier for you to make your choice for which sleeping bag you should be using. For us the ALPS Mountaineering Crescent Lake sleeping bag is one of the best insulated bags that we have reviewed. Since this is the case, we are going to say if you want to have a sleeping bag that will keep you warm at night this is a good one to select. However, if you want a sleeping bag that will keep you warm and be easy to manage weight and size wise, you may want to consider a different bag.