Coleman Cold Glow Cooler Light
Nothing is worse at night than reaching down in your cooler and not finding what you are looking for, but how do you change that? Well, one of the primary ways you can change it is by getting a cooler light. I know that you can easily find a wide range of lights that are on the market. Personally, I tend to shy away from some of the name brand products, but I will say that I do not mind getting some of the name brand products if I have to and well, what can I say this is one of those products that I have to say the name brand works decent. So what exactly is the Coleman Cold Glow Cooler Light and how is it going to help you out in getting to see what you are grabbing in your cooler? That is what you are going to find out in this article that we have completed here on the Coleman Cold Glow Cooler Light Review.
Features Of The Coleman Cold Glow Cooler Light
- Attaches to the cooler lid. This is going to provide a lot of light, but also makes it easier for you to see what you are grabbing in the cooler without the light being in the water.
- Motion activation will make it quite a bit easier for you to find the food and not have to worry about trying to fumble around to find the switch to turn the light on in the already dark cooler.
- If you are concerned about your ice melting from the light turning on or off all the time, that is a worry you do not need to have anymore as the light uses the cool lumens LED lights. This makes it easier for you to rest easier and know your ice is not going to melt when you are using the light.
- As the video mentioned above, this is a water-resistant light, which is different than other models that are waterproof and will go inside of the coolers ice. This one is resistant and means that it is going to not be submersible in the water.
- The run time before you have to replace the batteries is going to be roughly 40 hours. This may seem like it is a long time, but if you figure it may be opened or have some type of motion for 8 hours a day off and on that is only five days. Hence, why in the next point I mention you may want to bring a long a ton of extra batteries.
- Uses 2 AA batteries that you will want to get a stock in!
How Does This Mount Inside The Cooler
I have to say this is definitely something that I am kind of questioning as to how well it works. The reason that I question this is you have to install it with screws, which means putting a hole in your lid of the cooler. This is going to be a concern of mine because I would be worried about it impacting the thermal barrier or insulation of the cooler. I am sure that the light has a barrier, but at the same time how many times will that last until it wears out and you have issues in the moisture getting into the insulation of your cooler.
Does The Motion Activation Work Well?
This really depends on how much motion you use with the cooler. I mean it can work well and can be set to turn on when you open the coolers lid, but I will tell you that it can be a little bit of a challenge to get it set properly. However, when it is working properly it is an amazing cooler light and definitely one that helps give you the best view of your cooler you never thought you would have been able to get before.
What Is The Difference Between Waterproof and Water-Resistant
The answer of this question is going to be something that you need to consider strongly as this light is only water-resistant. What that means is it will resist water from really affecting the operation of the light, but it will not function if it gets submerged in the water. Waterproof, which is what some of the other lights are going to offer as an option tend to have the option available that is going to take and put the cooler light under the water and know it will keep on working.
What Do I Like With The Cooler Light
I have to say that I love this light actually helps in illuminating the cooler at night and keeps me from grabbing the wrong drink or even getting the lunchmeat that was left over in its bag from lunch earlier in the day. So I have to say I like the fact that this is going to give me the chance to get the light that will make it easier for me to get the right item.
While I do know the sensor for the motion can have some issues and at times will stay on if you are on a bumpy road or the lid flips open and closed I do like this sensor. That is because it makes it easier for me to see inside of the cooler and know I am going to get the light on without having to push any extra button, like when I open up the refrigerator the light turns on right away.
The cold glow that is found with the light is another factor that I really enjoy. This light tends to make it easier on my eyes to see, but it also does not impact my night vision that bad like some of the other lights do. Now, this does not mean that the light will not impact your vision at all, but it is quite a bit less than what you would find with a bright light.
What Do I Dislike With The Cooler Light
I know the way this mounts to the cooler is one of the better methods available, but I will tell you at the same time it can also be a pain because of how you have to mount the light. However, compared to the adhesive that can give out over time it is a lot better solution. I just hate having to put a screw hole into my lid to have the light mounted because I always have the fear that I am going to end up getting some type of cooling loss.
My Final Thoughts On The Coleman Cold Glow Cooler Light
Finding a cooler light is really helpful, but with all the selection on the market it is nice to know what is available on the market. I know that is the challenge for a lot of things, but I found this is a light that is easy on the eyes at night, but also provides enough light for you to get the cooler lit up. So, I would have to say the Coleman Cold Glow Cooler Light is well worth the cost and definitely worth getting the light for your camping gear.