Introducing The Coleman Montana 8 Person Tent
Camping is always fun and is a great way to connect with nature and family members, but you need to make sure you have the properly sized family camping tent for the entire family to have a great camping trip. Since it is expensive to buy these tents, definitely if they are an 8 person tent, you will want to make sure you know about all the details you can find about the tents to guarantee you are getting the proper tent to use and take camping with you. I know that in my research I have found a lot of the tents do have quite a few pros and cons, but it is difficult to figure out which one works best. That is why I have decided to refresh our review of the Coleman Montana 8 person tent to let you know if this tent will work for you or not.
Features Of The Coleman Montana 8 Person Tent
- This is a tent that is made by the Coleman company, which is one of the leading names in camping gear. What is even better is Coleman has a solid reputation of standing behind their products which is great because it means you will finally have a chance to get the quality and good product you want that will last you for a long period of time.
- When you are looking at most tents you will think about how cramped they are and the fact that you have to stay bent over in them. However, what you will like about this structure is the fact it has a modified dome. This modified dome will make it easier for you to stand up in the tent and allow you to get dressed in the tent without killing your back like you would in some of the tents.
- Rain getting in the tent can be a killer for the camping trip. However, when you are looking at a family tent it can also ruin the trip because the kids will start to hate the camping trip. With this tent, it actually has some great options and one of those is the reverse angle windows which is going to make it quite a bit easier for you to get the tent and know it will not allow as much rain in while you are camping.
- Electric is definitely something that a lot of people have come to expect when they go anywhere. This is very true when you consider the fact this is a family tent. So you will like the fact this is a tent that will have the electrical outlet access port for you to use. So you do not have to be concerned about the tent not having the electric you would want to have for the family, definitely with all the electrical devices that kids have any more or if you need to get your camera charged.
- The tent is going to have several different makeups for the material used in the construction of the tent. They are as follows here. 75-denier polyester taffeta fly, 68-denier polyester mesh inner tent, 1000-denier polyethylene floor
What I Like About This Family Tent
The size is one of the most impressive things. I did not mention this in the features section because I wanted to bring it down here. However, this is a tent that will measure 16 foot x 7 foot and it will come in at a height that will be just over the six foot mark in the middle as it is 6 foot 2 inches. So this will definitely provide you with plenty of room in the tent, but also means you will not be piled on top of each other when you are sleeping in your sleeping bags.
When you are looking at a tent this big you may think the set up is going to take a long time. However, Coleman knows you do not want to spend an hour or two setting up the tent. So they have made the tent very easy to set up and if you practice setting it up at home before you go camping, which I recommend, you will notice you can have the entire tent up in about ten to fifteen minutes, which is quite a bit faster than what you could imagine.
Something else that I like is it never fails that it will rain at least once when I am camping. However, this often meant getting wet and having to worry about things getting wet on the floor of the tent. What is nice about this tent is the only way you will get wet is the shoes that people have a tendency to bring in with them and not leave outside. That is because this tent has a waterproof floor that will help keep you dry at night and not leave you waking up soaking wet.
Finally, I like the fact this tent has protected seams. While it may not seem like this will make a difference the seams are the areas you have to treat with the sealant to guarantee they are not going to leak. With the protected seams they are going to have the proper protection in place that you always would have, but they will also have the added protection of the flap over the seam to help keep them from leaking any more than what they would have.
What I Did Not Care For With This Piece Of Camping Gear
Well, I have to say that unless Coleman has changed the way they make the shock poles the ones that come with the tents are not that stable or strong. Now, this may sound bad, but the poles are the one weakness that I have found and in one of my other tents I had to get a replacement for the pole. Now, this could have just been one issue out of thousands, because the replacement set they sent out works great without any problems. However, just a word of caution and that is to be careful when you are using the poles.
My Final Thoughts On The Coleman Montana 8 Person Tent
Well, I have to say this is a big tent and it is definitely a quality piece of camping gear from a reputable company. These factors combined make this a great option if you need to have a larger tent. What is even better is it will sleep up to 8 people. Overall, I would give the Coleman Montana 8 Person Tent a strong buy option as it is a nice tent that is comfortable and quality made.