GSI Sports Products 65006 Stainless Coffee Perk Cup
Finding the best cup of coffee while camping is hard, but that is why you will find some of the best camping gear companies are coming out with their own form of the older, but still function coffee percolator. This is why we have been reviewing so many of the camping coffee percolators lately and that will make it easier for you to find out which one of these will work for you or if you are going to need to consider something like a Java Press to bring on your camping trip with you. With that being the case, in this case, we are going to talk about the GSI Sports Products 65006 Stainless Coffee Perk Cup in a review which will make it easier for you to get a product that will suit your needs and not line the pocket of the company that has produced it.
Features Of The GSI Sports Products 65006 Stainless Coffee Perk Cup
- This is a camping coffee percolator that is meant to be used on the camp stove. This means that you cannot use it on an open fire, but can use it on the stove. So this can be negative at the same time, but using this on the stove will make it quite a bit easier for you to make the coffee quickly and easily.
- What is really nice about this specific model is it is made from corrosion resistant marine grade stainless steel. This will make it easier for you to take the percolator out into the water or the boat and if you have a camp stove you will still be able to get the coffee made from the boat and not have to worry about trying to go back to the marina because you forgot to bring your cup of coffee with you.
- Something else that is nice is the fact the percolator view spot on the top of the percolator is made from the nearly unbreakable Lexan. This will make it easier for you to use this product and not have to be concerned about the lid breaking on you, but also know the view spot is going to stay in place and not really break off if you were to drop the percolator.
- Now, I am not really sure how this is going to impact you while you are camping, but I can see why at home. The item is dishwasher safe. Now if you ask me, with the way my dishwasher likes to hold onto all the hidden food particles, I would prefer to hand wash the item. However, that is more of a personal preference on my part and nothing more than that.
- Finally, the last feature is the size difference you have available with this product. While I usually like to talk about each individual size if they have any differences, with this product the only big difference is the size. So the size for this percolator will range from the smaller 3 cups to the 28 cup percolator, which will make it easier for you to find the right one for your needs.
What I Like About This Coffee Percolator
This is a coffee percolator that is meant for the camp stoves. While almost all of them can go on the camp stove, this is one that is specific to the camp stove. So I do not have to be concerned about it not working for what I want it to do, but also do not have to try to figure out if I can use this on the fire or not. That is because it states in the description of the product for use on the camp stove. So that takes a lot of the guesswork out of where you can use this product.
The selection for the size of the coffee percolator is something else that I really enjoy. While I know that this is going to come from the personal preference as well, I like the fact that when I am ordering this one I can find the size that will fit perfectly for my family. Then I do not have to go back and constantly make more and more coffee, which will end up wasting some because my husband may not want his third cup of the day or I may just want a single cup. Instead, this allows me to pick the size I know we usually drink at home and not waste a lot of coffee.
Finally, I really like the fact this is made out of marine grade stainless steel. With most of the percolators that I have looked at lately, they are not made out of this type of grade and that means you are stuck using them on the shore. However, if you have a houseboat and still want to make coffee without using your generator then you will like this item because you can use your stove. So you will like this as well and not really have to worry about the moisture in the air really having a negative impact on the product.
What I Did Not Care For With This Product
Okay, I have to admit the one factor that I did not care for with this product is the fact that you have to really watch the water that you are adding to it. If you put too much water in it will not properly percolate the coffee. However, if you add not enough water into the percolator you could end up having a percolator that is going to run dry.
My Final Thoughts On The GSI Sports Products 65006 Stainless Coffee Perk Cup
Well, making coffee is something that I really like to do, but it is something that can be a challenge while camping. Since this is the cases, I have started to look at all the different coffee percolators on the market. With this product, I really love it and like the fact that you can select the size when you are ordering the product. Overall, the GSI Sports Products 65006 Stainless Coffee Perk Cup is a decent percolator that will hold up to the abuse you can put it through during a camping trip.