Java Drip Coffee – How To Make Coffee From These
Okay, we have done quite a bit of research and work on the different coffee makers you can take camping with you and one of those that kept coming up is a java drip coffee maker. This is a product that is actually fairly common and for a lot of people, it is a great option to bring with them because they are hiking or do not want to have a ton of items to bring with them while they are camping. Since this is the case we decided we should probably tell you how to use the thing since we are also recommending it as a viable piece of camping equipment if you are looking for a lightweight alternative to a lot of the products that are on the market like a coffee percolator that can be rather large and take up quite a bit of space in a hiking bag.
Why Would You Want To Use A Java Drip
The quick answer is this is a quick and easy way to make coffee while camping without having to create a ton of extra dishes. So this works out really well when you are camping or hiking. However, one thing that you do need to realize is you will have to be mindful of how quickly you are going to pour the water and will have to go back several times to guarantee you are going to get the water poured through. No matter what, though, the primary reason why you would want to use the java drip coffee maker is they are very easy to use.
What Materials Would You Need
- Boiling Water
- The Java Drip Holder
- Depending on the style of java drip maker, you may need to get some coffee filters.
The Steps For Using The Java Drip Coffee Maker
- You will want to start to heat up your water in a pot that is not part of this item and then you will take and prepare the rest of the supplies that you are going to want to use while the water is heating up.
- Depending on the type of maker you are using you will want to secure it to your cup or mug. Sometimes the maker will clip on, but other times it will require you to balance it on with the funnel hanging down into your cup almost.
- After you have secured the item to your cup, you need to put the filter in if you are using one and put some of the coffee you are going to use. Remember you need to carefully measure out your coffee or you could easily overfill it with grounds and that can lead to the water flooding it over when you are starting to pour the coffee into the cup.
- When your water has come to a boil you will want to carefully and slowly pour the boiling water into the java drip maker. You should do this very slowly and take your time as it does need to drain out before you move onto the drinking phase. The best part is this part will make it easier for you to have a great cup of coffee that you know was slow brewed.
- The water you are going to pour in will go in very slowly. This is going to make it easier for you to have a great cup of coffee. If your filter does fit down into the cup, you may have to hold onto the filter as it starts to get full or you will end up steeping your coffee like you would if you were making a cup of tea.
- After the dripping is done, you will then be able to remove your java drip maker from the cup and set it to the side so it can get cleaned up. All you have left to do then is make sure you add in the sugar or cream that you want to have in your coffee and be able to sit down and enjoy the coffee.
- The clean-up of the drip maker will be quite a bit easier than what you imagine as you just would wash it out like you would a coffee maker. If you are using the filter you will most like just have to rinse off the basket after you throw the filter away.
A Great Piece Of Camping Gear
While I do not really care for the Java Drip makers myself because I have children that always try to help out, but they are not as careful and overfill the drip to lead to me getting more coffee than what I need to have in the way of grounds in my cup. This is a great piece of camping gear you will want to bring with you to help you in getting the coffee maker while you are camping. You just have to make sure you know how to use a java drip coffee maker to guarantee you make the perfect cup of coffee to start your day off right.