Introducing KEEN Women’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
The Targhee II Mid from KEEN offers four-wheel-drive performance for your feet. This hiking boot is revamped with the KEEN.Dry waterproof breathable membrane to keep your feet dry and comfortable. The aggressive outsole has 4mm lugs to bite into the terrain, providing excellent traction. The ESS shank provides torsional stability for a secure ride, while the mid cut height increases ankle support through canyons and over mountain tops.
Key Features of the Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots:
- 4mm multi directional lugs
- Dual density compression molded EVA midsole
- Heel support structure
- KEEN.DRY TM waterproof breathable membrane
- Non-marking rubber outsole
- Removable metatomical dual density EVA footbed
- Torsion stability ESS shank
- Waterproof nubuck leather upper
Our Take On The KEEN Women’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Hiking boots are essential if you plan on hitting the trails. However, a major issue that you may have is deciding which of the boots to select because of all the options that are available. This is when you should know some information about some of the boots on the market. By reading the review of the KEEN women’s Targhee II mid waterproof hiking boot, you will have some information that can help you determine if you are getting the right boot or not.
Pros Of The Keen Women’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
With any product you buy, you are going to want to know about the pros of the product before you complete your purchase. Here are the pros that we have found with this hiking boot. We hope these will help make your choice easier and guarantee that you are getting the right boot for your hike, instead of getting a boot that you can only wear for a couple of hikes before you need to replace it.
- Has the patented KEEN waterproof breathable membrane, which will not only help keep your feet dry, but also helps to keep your foot cool at the same time. This is a nice feature and will help keep you from having any of the fungal issues that you may start to experience if you are hiking for long periods of time with wet socks.
- Rubber soles are a great thing to have in hiking boots. While you may have never thought about this before, you need to realize if you plan on hiking you want to have a sole that is made from rubber. The rubber boots tend to have a better grip and are able to flex on the different rock or tree formations that you can come across.
- Midsole will form to the foot of the wearer as it is a foam based item. This is a great feature and often seen in some of the higher class shoes that people can buy. So you will be able to get this comfort in your hiking boot if you get the Keen Women’s Targhee II mid waterproof hiking boot.
- Dry liner for the hiking boot is going to make it easier for you to hike for a longer period of time and know that your foot is going to stay dry. The liner of the boot is meant to help wick away the sweat from your foot.
- Ankle injuries are a concern when hiking, but KEEN has decided to try and address this issue by using their S3 technology. This technology is meant to help provide shock absorption, suspension of the step, and more stability for the foot. With all of these combined, it is easier for people to walk around and know they are not going to have to be concerned about injuries happening.
Cons Of The Keen Women’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Unfortunately not everything is smelling like roses all the time. With that being said, it did take some digging, but I did find some cons with this hiking boot. The cons are very limited, though, and that should be taken into account when considering this boot.
- The boot is not very good on hard floor surfaces that are wet. When these surfaces are seen, the boot for whatever reason does seem to lose its grip. However, if this is a hiking boot, why would you be wearing it into a kitchen at a restaurant or into a store with wet floors?
- Sizes of these boots has been reported to run slightly small. In several reviews on Amazon, which you can see below, it was reported that the boots were running small and would be tight for their normal shoe size.
Uses For The Keen Women’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
It is fairly obvious that these boots are going to be used for hiking. However, what you need to realize is this is a boot that is going to help provide you with multiple other features as well. Here are some of the uses that you can use for this boot as well as hiking.
- Trail walking
- Walking on pavement
- Daily wear, but it can be hard to wear for a long period of time.
For the price it is easy for me to say that Amazon has the best price and you to go well, I am sure someone else has a better price. However, I spent about thirty minutes researching the price options that were available for a basic size 9 Targhee II boot and never found a price better than what Amazon is offering. I seen plenty of companies offering the boots, like Moosejaw, but even they were quite a bit higher than the price points that Amazon was offering.
Our Final Take
Okay, some people will say hiking boots are a dime a dozen, which in some of the low grade boots this is very true. However, unless you make a couple hundred dollars an hour, this is far from a low grade and costing boot. With that being said, our final take on the KEEN women’s Targhee II mid waterproof hiking boot is overall positive. In fact, if you plan on using this boot for its mainly intended purpose of hiking, it will do very well for you. The downside is this is a boot that should only be used for its specific job, but that means you will have to go hiking more often now!
[hor_bar id=”370″ comfort=”3″ durability=”3.5″ tread=”4″ overall_value=”3″]