Introducing The Bushnell Bear Grylls Edition Personal GPS Tracking Device
Getting lost in the woods is a major pain, but for a lot of people they do not mind getting lost because they have a GPS system to help them in finding their way back to their home. This is very true for a lot of people who are going out in the woods on a regular basis. To avoid getting lost, though, a lot of people will want to make sure they have the best GPS around. In fact, Bear Gylls, the famed survivalist is going to have some editions of GPS as well, which is exactly what we are going to be talking about today in this review. Hopefully, you will find the Bushnell Bear Grylls edition personal GPS tracking to be one of the editions you have to have.
Features Of The Bear Grylls Edition GPS Device
- Larger sized screen, with the grayscale look, makes it easier for people to find their location on the GPS and know exactly what they are doing and where they are going to.
- Recording the time, altitude, and temperature on an automatic method is going to make it easier for people to know exactly where they were when they see or did something. So this is going to be something that people need to consider when they are looking at their hike they took.
- Distance can be completed in multiple methods while people are using this GPS device. For example, people can measure the distance in miles and yards, but also by using the different methods that are more along the metric system as well, which will help people in getting the information they want in a way they can understand.
Pros Of The Bear Grylls Edition GPS
Just like the other GPS systems we have talked about here at Todays Camping Gear, you will find the Bushnell has some of the different pros that you will enjoy as well. This is when you should know about the pros that are available with the Bear Grylls edition of the Bushnell GPS systems. So this famous survivalist may have some help that you normally would not think a survivalist would need to have when they are out in the woods.
- Easy to download the latest software updates to the device by getting them onto your computer and using the USB cord to get the information from the computer to the GPS device to help you avoid getting lost at any point in your travels.
- When you are using the tracker function of this GPS unit, you will find that it is not going to turn off the screen like some of the other units. So if you are doing a long hike, you will find that it is easy to drain the battery if you forget to turn it off when you are taking a break.
- The unit has a back home button, which is going to be a button that will allow you to have your GPS set to where your home location is at, as one of the way points you are going to be using. All you have to do is make sure you hit this button, which will help you in getting back to your home location, even if it is starting to get dark.
- With most of the advanced GPS units they are going to have all the bells and whistles that will show you everything that you need, down to the location of the closet toilet. This one is a basic model, which uses the keep it simple stupid philosophy which means you will not end up getting lost when you are trying to use this model.
Cons Of This Bushnell Model
As with most of the other GPS systems that we have reviewed, we have found their are some drawbacks with this GPS unit like all the other ones that we have reviewed. So we are going to look at the cons of the Bushnell Bear Grylls edition to help you get a fair assessment of the GPS units to make sure you are getting the right model for your needs. Without this, you could struggle in making your choice.
- With this unit it has been reported that the home function can have some difficulty at time. While the reports have been getting you off by a couple of hundred yards, it can be difficult to find your way if you are going to be returning in the dark or have a way point marked because you know it is in the middle of dense woods.
- Does not display an exact trail that has people to follow so they do not know where they have been. Instead, this is as one reviewer on Amazon answered a question of is more like a high priced electric compass. So this may not be the perfectly suited item for everyone as they tend to want to have their trails mapped out.
Price Factors For This Model
As always we have started to look for the best price deals available. We know that Newegg, does run some sales on the product from time to time and the pricing is very competitive with the price that Amazon offers. However, the big difference is a lot of people are Amazon Prime members now and that offers them free 2 day shipping, which means people can be a late order and still get this in time for their next trip without paying extra for the shipping they are trying to avoid. So I would have to recommend still sticking with Amazon, but if needing to find a deal, check Newegg first.
Our Final Take
The Bushnell Bear Grylls edition of their back track D-tour personal GPS tracking devices is going to be an item that we are going to have to make sure you consider carefully. While you may think it is the best model on the market, which it could be at times you need to realize this is a very basic model. It does not allow the trail tracking, but also does not have the terrain features that some of the more advanced GPS models have. So our final take is if you want an item that is basic, this is a great selection. If you want a more advanced model that helps you in getting the tracking ability or other options, this could be one you need to by-pass.